Monday 6 August 2012

Friday - Broadband, and pre departure of nephew!

Friday (3rd August) - Broadband, and pre departure of nephew!

I rang France telecom to ask why they had sent us the router, when we had already bought our own... It turns out that there must have been a mix-up when I changed what we wanted, and we will probably keep it, as it is cheaper than sending it back for a refund, if we actually get charged for it...
(It came with two ADSL filters which I will need, and I can't find anywhere else, so it's all good anyway!)
Then the lady tells me that we already have the broadband and don't need to wait for the 7th!
:-)))))

When I get everything connected and try it out, it all works!!!
Yeayyyy!!!
But we do a speed test, and our download speed is about 560kbs and the upload is faster! (which never happens!)
So that is very disappointing.
:-(((
It should be "up to 8Mbs", (16 X faster), but we do have old wiring for the telephone...
I get 20M at home, soon (july) to be 50M as promised by Richard Branson, but still not as yet!

Swimming today in 30'C pool!!


Pre departure of nephew!
(#32)

2 comments:

  1. Bottle 32, do you have a final figure in your mind?
    You must start thinking about your "at home soirée" really looking forward to it lol :-))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I don't have a final figure: But there will be at least two, perhaps three, more in France, and probably another couple in england... I had not expected there to be this many anyway!
    As for the "at home soirée" I think I will be "all bubbly'd out"!
    ;-)))

    ReplyDelete